Our Investment Philosophy is based around the following principles, which have been established on the strength of academic research and studies over the last seven decades.
There is no guarantee that these principles will always reap the best rewards for every investor, but we believe they will provide attractive returns over the long-term.
We set out below why we believe in these principles and how we apply them to give you the greatest potential to make the most of your money, taking account of your appetite for investment risk:
- Control risk: Take only the amount of risk you are.
- Markets work: Current share prices always incorporate and reflect all relevant information.
- Capitalism works: Risk is rewarded.
- Diversification: Spreading your money across different investments removes unnecessary risk.
- Invest for the long term: Don’t speculate for the short term.
- Keep costs to a minimum: Maximise returns for investors.
- Asset allocation: More important than stock selection.
- Rebalance: To maintain discipline and risk tolerance.
Our investment philosophy is delivered in practice using modern technology and administration platforms.
We use a range of administration platforms which allow us to oversee your investments in one place, using various tax wrappers, as appropriate to the individual. The platforms can also access low cost institutional funds, which may not be available to direct investors. These administration platforms have different charging structures and offer slightly different product ranges, which is why we use more than one. We will recommend the one most suitable for your circumstances.
If you require further information about our investment advice, please contact us for a complimentary initial consultation.
The value of your investment can go down as well as up and you may get back less than you have invested.