Our Investment Advice is based around the following principles, which have been established on the strength of academic research and study over the last 60 years.
The principles we believe in, which underpin our investment advice, are as follows:
- Markets are efficient – this investment theory means that it is impossible to ‘beat the market’ because share prices always incorporate and reflect all relevant information
- Capitalism works – risk is rewarded
- Diversification, or the spreading of money across different investments, reduces risk
- Invest for the longer term – don’t speculate for the short term
- Keep costs to a minimum
- Take only the amount of risk you are comfortable with and can afford to take
It has been proven in numerous studies that changes in the asset allocation of a portfolio have much greater effect on returns than the actual stocks selected. We view this as a much smarter investment advice than the “rear-view mirror” method of selecting star fund managers based on their previous performance, which is how many financial advisers still believe they can add value. Unfortunately, such funds often seem to underperform once they have been through a good patch of performance.
There is no guarantee that these principles will always reap positive rewards month on month for every investor, but we believe the service we offer represents the best prospects to maximise your returns within the investment risk profile which suits you best.
If you require further information about our investment advice, please contact us for a complimentary initial consultation.
The value of your investment can go down as well as up and you may get back less than you have invested.